On April 10th, The Rembau Times predicted that the Pakatan Harapan leadership will act on the call made by Amanah strategy director Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad to preemptively declare Thursday 9th May and Friday 10th of May as Public Holidays.
This prediction has now come true and The Rembau Times issues another prediction with high confidence that Prime Minister Najib Razak will also follow suit in the not to distant future to declare Thursday and Friday as Public Holidays if BN stays in power.
- In one fell swoop, Pakatan Harapan made a bold appeal to the last bastion of BN support – the Civil Service to vote Pakatan Harapan by promising them what every civil servant loves to hear – paid vacation.
- This appeals to about 1.7 million civil servants, including those in State and Federal Government.
- As Najib’s analysts pour over this, they have three options a) Attack Pakatan Harapan for being ‘irresponsible’ or b) Match the offer or c) think first while making up their decision between a) and b)
- There is of course a penalty for waiting because the longer the civil service digests it, entire idea of voting Pakatan Harapan becomes more appealing to the civil service. This will negate any effect of a late offer towards election day as it may be seen as an act of desparation.
- Thus thinking forwards, the PM should announce this perhaps over the weekend or early next week at the latest.
Treasury Yield touched 3.00% and the world suddenly ended.
Momentum chasers got crushed…Its a bear market out there