1 Rembau Development Berhad (1RDB) Fund Manager makes predictions and we often have to back it up with our capital.
The following is the prediction 1RDB is making with high confidence
- Pakatan Harapan leadership to issue a statement that Thursday, 10th of May and Friday, 11 th of May, will be declared a public holiday if Pakatan Harapan wins the Election. This idea was first mooted by Amanah strategy director Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad and it is spot on.
- Selangor and Penang state governments to declare Wednesday 9th of May as a public holiday.
- Pakatan Harapan must now enter the final stretch of the election campaign convinced that they will win. There is now no more room for doubting. They have united under a single logo, made sufficient in roads into the Felda voting districts and have successfully organised many rallies.
- The momentum is firmly with Pakatan Harapan. However, this will only happen if there is a high turnout during the 14th General Election on Wednesday 9th of May
- Declared as victors on the 10th of May, the financial markets will be in a state of shock. The best way is for markets to be closed on Thursday and Friday so that investors can digest the news. After all, foreign investors hold a sizable amount of Ringgit denominated debt and any ‘mad rush’ to the door will be very bad for the Ringgit.
- It is extremely important that there is a sound contingency plan to a) reassure investors b) ensure sufficient US Dollar liquidity for the beginning of trading on Monday 14th of May 2018. This may require Bank Negara to enter into a large Ringgit-Yen and Yen-dollar swap facility on Friday 11th of May.
- There needs to be a teleconference planned on Friday 11th of May 3.30 PM Malaysian time with all the major fund managers globally invested in Malaysia. The Rembau Times can help organise that as this will give the new Government a chance to reassure the markets.
- Change of Government procedures need to be instituted in the Federal Government, in the media and in GLCs as well. Continuity of Government plans must be activated so that things resume to normal on Monday 14th of May.
- Of course, politically, all the voters who are now returning back to vote need to have an added incentive to ensure that Pakatan Harapan wins.
Updated 11th Apr 2018 @ 16.01
1. Federal Government has declared May 9th as a public holiday.
2. Perak Pakatan Harapan declares 10th and 11th May a public holiday if they win the state.
- Trump US response to Syria. B-2 stealth bomber?
- Russia says it will strike back – Russia risk premium (Down -400 ?)
- Dow futures down in premarket, -92
- Trump to fire Mueller